Saturday, January 3, 2009

Shin Megami Tensei, My First Introduction To A Free MMORPG


I've got a lot of requests to cover MMO's on my blog. I'm not a huge MMO player. Well to be frank I have never played any MMO's ever. So it is with some hesitance I step into this experiment of trying out these freely available MMO's that are extremely popular here in Asia.

After some unsuccessful attempts at downloading Perfect World and some other MMO's(can you believe it, they don't have their own FTPs), the recently announced Shin Megami Tensei Imagine was a breeze to download and register.

I know its just a beta and not a well known MMO but I thought it would be an interesting experience nevertheless. The first thing I noticed was the odd Shin Megami lore that is unique in a anime kind of way.

The game is set in a a futuristic Tokyo that has been overrun with demon. You the player play as a Demon Buster. Very Hellgate London like but gameplay is a lot different.

There skill tree look so complicated for a MMO newbie like me, I knew this was going to take sometime to get the entire system. So far leveled up to level 2. Named my character MaxEmo121.

The sound doesn't seem to be working too. Maybe I need to just restart my PC. The game crashes if there is a steam invite popping up. Its still in beta I know. If you are into this beta just tell me what you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment