Thursday, January 1, 2009

Malaysian Gamer 2009 New Year Resolution


2008 is over and 2009 beckons new things for a lot of us. For Malaysian Gamer, 2008 just saw me starting this blog near the end of the year. 2009 will be the defining moment for Malaysian Gamer as I improve every facet of this blog to make it what I had envisioned it to be when I first started it.

Here is a list of resolution for Malaysian Gamer in no particular order:

1) Improve site design


The philosophy of this blog is to bring you the big news and happenings in the gaming world. The focus of the blog is on the content and the design accentuates the content(at least that's the plan).

I am satisfied with the current layout and might improve it a little bit. I want to keep widgets and add ons to a minimal to allow for an easy and pleasing browsing experience.

The banner and the buttons still have a lot of work to be done on them. I feel I got the general feel of the site and just need a bit more polish on these sections.

2) Write more original content


The concepts for original articles are there with things like Kosong Sen(free games) and the Teh Tarik Corner(my rants on gaming). I hope I will be able to write a lot more of these original content. These take a lot time and dedication but I'm committed to writing about new things.

I believe quality is more important than quantity but I would love to do more original stuff without sacrificing quality. I always try to improve on my writing to make it interesting for everyone.

3) New partners and contributors


As part of my plan to expand the content of the site, I hope(very much) that I can get other contributors to the blog and help to make this blog better. I think that is the only way to make this blog popular. Yes the content, more and better content from me and contributors.

I do have plans for certain things that I don't want to announce yet, but it would require partners to do properly. That I think would take this blog to the next level. If you would like to contribute either as a guest writer or you want to be a long term partner of this blog, feel free to contact me at panzer206@gmail.com or you can follow me at Twitter.

The motivation is and will always be on the games and the gaming industry. I feel I will always have my own unique perspective on topics regarding them. If you share the same hunger and motivation to write about games the way you see it, please contact me.

4) Gain new readers and keep loyal readers


To me this is the most important thing and I hope in 2009 this blog will have a solid readership and a community behind it. Its not going to be easy and will require a lot of hard work and patience, but I'm confident that Malaysian Gamer can become an influential gaming blog.

I'm all for the challenge of building this blog to be a great blog.

5) Play lots of great games!


Obviously whats a gaming blog if I don't get to play great games for me to talk about. 2009 is looking really good with a lot of big name titles that I think a lot of people are going to enjoy playing, for a long time.

Malaysian Gamer hopes to get in on the action of these big name titles and I will have things to say about them when they are released(of course I will post pre release information too so keep an eye on the blog).



With that I say hello 2009! I hope you will continue to follow this blog as I improve it. Big plans and big things ahead. Do give feedback, if you feel the blog should cover certain things or ideas on improvements. You can contact me by mail or twitter.

Thank You for Supporting this Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment