Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Championship Manager Series Suffered High Piracy Rates


Championship Manager 2009 developer Beautiful Games Studio, claims in a shacknews article that their series is a victim of high piracy rates. They claim it has a 90% piracy rate. They stated that :

"That's not just a number in the air, we can measure it and we know that there are a huge amount of pirated copies," said Beautiful GM Roy Meredith.


They also said that they realise that punitive DRM measures may not be the best solution:

"There's a real issue around DRM... I'd love to defeat pirates, but actually, with all this mess on Spore and Football Manager, which I haven't been able to play this year... I spent about three hours trying to go through this registration process and I really want to play it, but I've got other things to do with my life."


He said that one of the ways to reduce piracy is to compete price wise. I really don't see how they(western developers) can compete price wise when piracy is so conveniently free. There is only so much they can do to reduce their prices a bit.

CVG featured a preview on Championship Manager 2009 that you can read here.

Source : http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56607

No comments:

Post a Comment