Sunday, June 26, 2011

This Week’s Gaming - More Alice & Hearts of Iron III


Nothing much new for me. There’s that Hearts of Iron 3 expansion due out this week. For The Motherland, which I might not get much time with this week. Trying to complete Alice so that I can start with my review.





Alice Madness Returns
Okay so this is a weird game. It’s weird because I thought this was just going to be another 3rd person hack and slash with pretty graphics. It is indeed a 3rd person hack and slash of sorts(with some puzzle elements) but unlike many of its kind, it isn’t a God of War copycat. It’s more… Alice than modern day 3rd person game. Which is also part of the problem. I’ll elaborate on this point in my review.





Pride of Nations
So I royally screwed my Indian continent scenario and found no way back to win it. This week, I’ll start exploring the grand campaign, which should be a bloody daunting task. You can’t pick a minor nations in Pride of Nation(unlike Europa Universalis), so I’m stuck with major powers. Perhaps I’ll do Prussia(like in my Victoria II game).





Hearts of Iron III For The Motherland
Hopefully Paradox releases it as scheduled(on the 28th) and I get my grubby hands on it. Not expecting much really but they’ve been talking about the AI and the theatre management a lot. I think when I get this, I’ll play as Russia. They tempted me with the title for this expansion. There’s also this scenario pack/mod that Paradox are selling that builds a more unique German campaign. Called Dies Irae Gotterdamerung it’s more of a graphical overhaul plus adding German specific events and such. I’ll perhaps do a video of this(no review for this)

No comments:

Post a Comment