Friday, June 10, 2011

Frozen Synapse Game Diary - Leo vs frags Turn 1


Frozen Synapse is a simultaneous turn based tactical game by indie team Mode 7. It’s quite a game I tell ya’. It’s such an easy game to play one turn and go back to doing your own thing. It also has play be email believe it or not. For those that have no idea what this game is about, it’s like a top down version of Tom Clancys Rainbow Six(the first and Rogue Spear) where all you do is set up the plan for your squad. Once you click end turn, you and your opponents turns are run simultaneously. It’s brilliant. This will be the focus for a new game diary series which, should be a long game diary series since games tend to last 5 turns the most. So… on to turn 1 of Leo vs frags(that’s me)…






Planning Phase


frags: I think the game has generated a pretty good map(the game randomly generates all maps) with three assault rifle guys. A few cover points with about three rooms. Great for long distance sniping with assault rifles. I’m going to rush my three guys to the three cover points and cover multiple angles. I’m predicting he’ll try to flank me, so I’ll have to keep an eye on the right and maybe the left(not so much here).

Leo: Alright, my 2nd Frozen Synapse game involving the Dark extermination mode and things this time have turned out better. (I'm not spawned infront of Frag's men). Seems pretty even with three Assault machine gun guys on my side and three on his, pretty confident I'm not gonna F*** up this situation, Well all I need to do is cover either entrances to the little building and wait it out, or bum rush him from either corners and pray he’s got an open flank somewhere, I think I'll just go for the turtling method and force him to come at me


Outcome


frags: Okay, nothing happened in turn one. But I think I’m in a bad spot. The dude on the left cover has another dude right behind him. One lucky hit from Leo’s assault rifle guy and two guys will fall to one lucky bullet. bad…bad…bad!

Leo: Oh, God. My worse nightmare has happen, it seems like one of my men took a bullet for the others and things aren't looking so good. Frags is probably thinking "yes, one guy down and two to go"...Can't believe how dumb I was in accidently placing a waypoint in front of another waypoint( they were so close together that it looked like only one point was there). But luckly for me that 'F*** up' paid off, I was able to predict that he would be shot in the next round instead of the first....'Phew' thats my sigh of relief as we wait till next weeks action plan....stay tuned people this looks like it could go either way

No comments:

Post a Comment