Sunday, June 26, 2011

Intel Reveals Release Of Next Chipset - Damn You Intel!

                                                                                         
If you thought your fancy Sandy bridge would last for an eternity, well, you're about to become outdated. Thanks to Intel's 'Ivy Bridge' architecture which they have said will be released early 2012. Ivy bridge is said to be a slight improvement using 22nm architecture(as opposed to the current 32nm) Their next big chipset will be Intel 'Haswell'(2013) and that one promises to be a radical architecture improvement and they claim it will have an integrated graphics processor that can compete with the offerings from AMD or Nvidia. Fat hopes.

This really makes things difficult for people like me. I'm an upgrader, I like to upgrade my PC and keep them running for a longer time(before they become completely obsolete with PC games of the day). I'm not someone who is anti progress(progress is good) but Intel's aggressive chipset changes just makes it so hard to upgrade your CPU. I just spent my Saturday walking around Low Yat Plaza trying to find any shop that sells an i5 for the 1156 socket motherboard(managed to find only one shop selling an i7 which I bought). And now their going to be done with sandy bridge? If you are using a 1155 motherboard and have been thinking about changing your CPU, I suggest you do it before they phase out these 1155 processors.

No comments:

Post a Comment