Thursday, June 16, 2011

Frozen Synapse Game Diary Leo vs frags Turn 2


Turn 2 of my Frozen Synapse game. Will I dominate Leo? Or will I slowly wear him down? So far, I'm loving this game. Perfect game to take your time with(it is turn based and you can take your time playing out the turns). Read on to find out what transpired on turn 2...





Planning Phase

frags: With one man directly behind the other assault dude in front of cover, this might go very bad. Worse still, when I preview the turn(you can play a turn without submitting or finalising your turn to see the actions that they will take), I find that the guy behind the guy in cover also open fire since he has visual with one of Leo's dude. Not good! The trick is to force him to continue on sight so that he continues down his path without stopping to engage the enemy. I made a small mistake by moving one dude to the far right corner cover. Since he wont have an opening to my men from over here, I'd be wasting my time. So I cancelled his order and changed his route to make him move out from the room to try to flank Leo. We'll see how well this goes.

Leo: Continuing from last week, I some how managed to survive the first phase and move into the second phase with all my men still alive. After making that mistake in phase 1, hopefully I won't with this next phase. I decided to move my men out a little and judging from where this is going, it may seem like frags is thinking the samething, I swear this game is tenser than any RTS I've played so far. I also decided to move my first man on the window to a crouching position and spot for any stragglers that may somehow appear. Once thats done I'll sit and wait till the next round and see what frags is planning.


Outcome

frags: My plan worked perfectly so far. My man in cover shoots his dude and the other guy moved to the cover on the right of the room. Another is moving out on the left flank. He's probably thinking he's done for.

Leo: Things have turned for the worse yet again, I'm not what kind of god governs the world of Frozen Synapse but....it seems to me its looking at Frags now. In the 2nd phase, I lost a man....the same guy I thought would live in this round....sigh what a sad day. However it may have paid off as I might have taken out one of frag's as well. All fingers cross for next week's phase

No comments:

Post a Comment