Monday, May 16, 2011

This Week’s Gaming - Indie RPG Week


Time to play through some old games in the back burner. Have an indie RPG game review to do. It’s called Avadon: The Black Fortress. Still trying out my hands at Mount & Blade With Fire And Sword. My Total War: Shogun 2 game diary might have stopped for a bit, but I haven’t stopped playing the game. Review is in the works.





Avadon: The Black Fortress
An indie RPG from Spider Web Software, Avadon has a turn based combat bits with an original world. It starts of sounding pretty cliched. I’m not sure if things will turn up differently but you are introduced to this guy who seems like a bad guy but you are working for him. I wonder if I’ll meet him in the end of the game as the main villain. I’ll have a review of this hopefully by the end of this week. Oh and the starting bit has lots of rats.





Rise of Immortals
Was supposed to have written something about Rise of The Immortals but I realised when I booted up the game, it was a Muliplayer Online Battle Arena game(DoTA clone). I have never played a DoTA type game to be able to comment whether this is any good(no idea why I thought this was supposed to be a PvP arena game like Bloodline Champions). It’s got the usual heroes, towers, and creeps like a DoTA style game. It’s a free to play game with some persistent character levelling(you can equip items that are separate from the stuff you buy from the item shop in a game). Seems pretty decent and fine for new comers. No idea when this will be out of closed beta though. If you like DoTA, you should try this one out.





Mount & Blade With Fire And Sword
My character named Alexei Pajitnov  is a crack pistol shot. Now with a band of 38 men(2 died in a skirmish with bandits) I’m being Mr Postman for the lords and kings of this game. I just had a battle where the bandits took out my horse, and I had to march all the way back to a city to get a new horse. Working my way up to earn more money selling bandit loot and getting a better horse.





Bloodline Champions
I’ve always wanted to try this free to play game out. Bloodline Champions is a PvP arena battle game. You select from a bunch of heroes and fight it out in an arena. I heard lots of good things about this. Will give this a try and give you my impressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment