Monday, March 28, 2011

This Weeks Gaming - Finally Caved In To Shogun 2


So I’ve decided to post an update weekly on the games I’m going to be playing for the week and articles that I plan to post up. Would be fun to keep people updated on the stuff I’m up to. So without further a do…


Looks like a mess. But I've been keeping the side cover off because of the damn hard disk that hasn't arrived

First things first, I hope I get my damn hard disk back. My 500GB Western Digital crapped up over a month ago now, still no news from the manufacturers. With more games this week, I’m quickly running out of hard disk space on my smaller secondary hard disk. I have about 60GB of space left. I might also get some new hardware this week for review.


Wouldn't be Crysis if you couldn't choke a guy. Sadly no chickens in Crysis 2
Crysis 2
I’ve been playing this over the past week and my review will be going up this week. It’s good even if some elements have been toned down. Overall I’m fine with it even though I do yearn for the old huge sandbox Crysis games. After all, I was the guy who traveled on foot all over Africa in Far Cry 2 and loved it.


My initial impressions about this one might have been wrong. This might be a keeper.
Total War: Shogun 2
Finally getting my copy tomorrow. I decided to buy it anyway despite the poor demo. I know, its been getting some good buzz from people who were quite critical of Empire. I had to check it out for myself. Going to take my own damn time with this game. Considering doing a game diary of my play through.


Quite excited about this. Haven't played a racing game in ages.
Shift 2: Unleashed
Also getting this tomorrow, from what I’ve been seeing of this one, this could be good. Real good. I’ve been a fan of racing games, but haven’t been dabbling in them recent years. Most probably my review will fall to next week.


Having never played Hearts of Iron II, I'm at a loss with this.
Darkest Hour A Hearts of Iron Game
I have a review copy of this but most probably will pass(the review that is). Hearts of Iron III was my first Hearts of Iron game so I feel I’m a little unqualified to review an improved version of Hearts of Iron II. But some people swear HoI 2 is the best version so I suppose they’ll find a lot to like here. I also hear it’s quite cheap. Will probably try a game using Japan and might do an intro video on the game later this week.


Lots of little symbols and numbers. Not for the faint hearted.
Pride of Nations
Another complex grand strategy game. I’ve just started playing through the tutorials. Looks to be one heck of a gargantuan beast of a game. A war game engine now with grand strategy elements is like a grognards dream come true. It’s design philosophy of throwing in everything and the kitchen sink is going to turn off quite a few people. Anyway, can’t comment much since I’m just in the tutorial. My write up might not make it this week though.


It’s going to be quite a busy week. Haven’t been doing write ups on free indie games for quite a while. I doubt I’ll have the time to do that this week. Maybe next week. Now on to finishing up my Crysis 2 review.

No comments:

Post a Comment