Sunday, October 31, 2010

LOTRO Game Diary 6 – Guardian of Ered Luin



So the last time I tried to complete this rescue Avorthal quest with Langlas, I got my ass handed to me. So off I went into side quest land and did a few side quests. One involving spiders and some place with lots of cob webs. Creepy… Kinda disappointed that I didn’t see any giant spiders(isn’t that a RPG staple by now?) but I got what I wanted. Level 14 and dual wielding is mineeeee…






Done, with the spider quests and off to more side quests and hey what’ up with the sky here? In what seemed like a brief few seconds, the sky went all green and cloudy. Hmmm, maybe a hint on things to come on Halloween? Possibly, I’ll have to keep my eye out for that. Also more douchey looking hats.



Turbine(the guys and gals that made this MMORPG) really hates Elves that much eh? There must be this inner hatred for elf for them to make Elves look as douchey as this all the freakin’ time. So we went on to save Avorthal only to find out that he’s not there. He’s already been sent to Kheledul, a Dourhand fort further east.

So I rush to Kheledul and meet up with my dwarf informer. He suggests a stealthy approach and asks me to sneak in at night. I managed to sneak my way in without too much of a ruckus and lo and behold!



Avorthal hanging out on the ship all alone. Time to sneak him out of Kheledul and into safety. He informs me that the goblin threat is imminent at Rath Teraig. The goblins are being led by Skorgrim, the dourhand king. War between the Elves and the Dwarves averted, now it’s time to put the smack down on Skorgrim at Rath Teraig.



The Elves and the Dwarves unite at Rath Teraig to put down this Skorgrim menace to rest once and for all. This sequence of instance is full of drama and action packed as your allies get attacked by ranged enemy units and you need to clear the ranged units out. Mathi Stouthand gets into trouble and you need to help him out. Avorthals father gets kidnapped and predictably, IT’S A TRAP!!!!



Yes as I said, it’s a trap!



Skorgrim enters the fray and after the usual bad guy exposition, he scoots off for the bree lands. How rude! I was supposed to kill him and again, he gets away! Rath Teraig has been cleansed, at a cost. Many Dwarves and Ellves gave their lives fighting back the evil in Ered Luin. Now Halinthirs work is done in Ered Luin.

Langlas wants me to meet up with a Ranger called ‘Strider’ at Bree town. All quests in Ered Luin have been completed. I’ve got a few quests that require me to meet up characters in Bree land. Next time, a new area, new quest…Off to the Bree Lands. I’m also going to be skipping forward quite a bit.
 
LOTRO Game Diary
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

No comments:

Post a Comment