Thursday, October 28, 2010

Babel – Fezzing It Up



I remember reading about a little game called Fez, watching trailers for it, and wishing I had my hands on it right then to play it. It’s been a loooooooooooong time since I heard about Fez and it still hasn’t been released yet. I suppose it’s one of those games, once released, is going to blow your mind! But for now, someone’s made a small game called Babel. The developer calls it a ‘Fez Ripoff!’.






It was made for the Gamedev.net Retro Challenge, so don’t expect it to be looking all spiffy like Fez. It’s just 13 levels but hey beggars can’t be choosers right? For those that are not familiar with Fez, Babel features 2D platforming with a rotating 3D world. Quite a bit like the Playstation Network game EcoChrome. You rotate the world to get around obstacles and the sorts. It’s all incredibly mind bending.



The graphics are crude and rudimentary, but from what I saw, your objective is to collect these gems things(they are like meshes with no solid texture). Once you’ve collected all these ‘gems’ you've enabled the teleporter and you need to get to the teleporter to teleport to the next level. This game makes me want Fez NOW!

Go here, download the game, play it, and pray Fez comes out sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment