Saturday, October 16, 2010

LOTRO Game Diary 4 - A Dwarf And His Lynx


Since I've got the necessary ingredients, I start off finishing Laegons quest for Rowan Bowstaffs. Now that I've got that out of the way, time to meet a few side quest NPC's and find Dorongur. He says it could be a plot by the goblins to frame the dwarves and has requested me to send a letter to Gailthin. Aaaah I can peek into the letter...It says...



Gailthin,

Troubling news has reached me concerning Avorthal, the son of Cardavor, and I fear your work among the dwarves will become more complicated. There is a very real possibility that the dwarves have abducted Avorthal and plan to do him some great harm - I want you to work with this bearer of this note to find and rescue Avorthal, if you can. If the Stouthand knows something about the fate of Cardavor's son, there may be fighting again in Ered Luin.

Dorongur.


Well thats awfully pessimistic of him. I thought he told me this could be a ploy by the goblins? So I was on my merry way to meet Gailthin in the Dwarf encampment of Gondamon. She says I need to find Algarchen in a dwarf encampment north of Gondamon. This is no ordinary encampment but a 'strange' dwarf encampment. I have a feeling this quest isn't going to e easy. Side quest time!


So I'm at level 11 now and I go back to Duilond and some small cottage on the way to Gondamon to complete some side quests. There's this dwarf, Thrasi with his Lynx cat that asked me to help find her kitten, then find herb to help heal her and find food for her. All the while, never getting up to offer any help. What a lazy arse dwarf. Oooo look at the lynx, ain't she a cute little kitty. It was a nice change of pace to receive a different type of quest.


An Elf named Bregar wants me to cleanse the ruins of Dol Ringwest. The only problem? It's infested with goblins and orcs. I will have to kill their leader Durglup and find the two towers of the ruins and pour some cleansing  thingamajig. The Dol Ringwest ruins are pretty tough as there are many orcs milling about. Luckily, the ruins seem to be a popular spot for many other elfs that seem to doing the same quest. I got some help as some orcs get agroed by other players and a lore master healed me as I got hurt.


Took another quest from this human named Celairant that has got his special bow stolen by a Dwarf hanging out in a dwarf fortress(lol no pun intended). This was extremely difficult and I died a couple of times. Finally found someone who joined me as a fellowship and managed to fight our way around in the fortress only for me to find out the thief was hanging out outside the premise of this fortress. I quickly dispatched the thief and got the bow. Said thanks to Dirter my fellowship and parted ways to return the bow to Celairant.


Things turn out to be more complicated as Celairant feels unworthy of the bow and asks me to return it to an Elf back in Duilond. Peglir(this Elf) asks me to fetch this sword 'Elvellon' instead and give it to Celairant. The sword is in the middle of this mound that is surrounded by skeletons. Done...level 13 now.


Hmmm...13, not a lucky number, but heck, I'll go find Algarchen now. Time to venture north of Gondamon and find this dwarf and this 'strange' encampment. Not sure what will happen the next time. I have not played LOTRO past this. Into the unknown...



Addendum: I just have to comment on this Turbine Point whoring(no other way to call it). Turbine are offering free turbine points on their forum and facebook page. I frankly couldn't be bothered. I know how much easier it will be purchasing turbine points and using them to buy stuff from their store(its not just items as I have said, quests, extra inventory slots etc). But I'm just going to go through the quests and storyline of LOTRO without the premium stuff.


LOTRO Game Diary:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment