Monday, April 18, 2011

This Weeks Gaming - It’s Been A Long Time


The big release this week is without a doubt the return of GlaDOS. Portal 2 should be out on Steam on Tuesday. Who knows how much earlier it could be released with the whole help aperture science reboot the computer meta game. I’m not sure when I’ll get the game but I’ll definitely be getting it. Might have to wait a day or two to download it off of Steam. Below, the games I will be playing this week





Total War: Shogun 2
As a Total War fan, there is no way I was not going to be playing this this week as well. With my Shimazu campaign moving on to dangerous territories, I’ve had some pretty awesome battles. Not because the AI was awesome or anything such as that. But the strategic AI is quite aggressive and it will use rather large armies to attack you on the campaign map. The battle AI is perhaps slightly improved but more or less the same(although it avoids Napoleons bad artillery position problem since artillery is rather rare). I’ll have another game diary up this week with a video recording of an awesome battle I had.





Portal 2
Need I say more? It looks really good. Could well turn out to be Valve's best developed game. Funny writing, smart puzzles, with a better story(and coop)... this is easily a win!





Anomaly Warzone Earth
I have been given the opportunity to review this indie title and my impressions so far has been very positive. It’s really, REALLY good. There’s something about it that makes it quite addictive. It’s a reverse tower defense game where you play as the creep(or a convoy in this case). The story is pretty ridiculous but the game, surprisingly good. Extremely polished as well. There’s a demo you could try out on Steam. My review should be up this week.






Victoria II
I never managed to get around playing a proper game of Victoria II(it’s a pretty daunting game to learn). Paradox released Patch 1.3 recently and I thought this would be a good time to start playing this title. I don’t think I’ll be doing a game diary of this(unfortunately) as I feel I don’t want to do too many game diaries at the same time. But I’ll report my progress here. I picked Prussia and so far, it’s been very interesting. Definitely playing it more hands off. Not diving into the world market and all that. I just set my budget to focus on education and its pretty much on auto pilot right now. Might declare war on France though. But she has a very huge army so I’ll have to be cautious here.

2 comments:

  1. How many hours a week do you have a week that you can even contemplate playing both Victoria 2 and Shogun 2? That's just insane to me, not to mention the other smaller games you list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah well... Play a little bit of all of them. Or I could play one game a day. Portal 2 isn't out in the beginning of the week. I'll have a couple of days of doing the other games. :P

    ReplyDelete