Sunday, August 21, 2011

This Week's Gaming - What Has Pirates, Zombies & Space Have In Common?


Indie game week as I await one of my most anticipated games this year(there's quite a few of those), Deus Ex Human Revolution. So I'm going to be playing SPAZ and From Dust. No idea what those are? see below...





Space Pirates & Zombies
Is this game really 2D top down Elite?... just with...pirates...and...erm...zombies? Not quite. Unlike elite this game has a clear path down where you progress. It's sort of like 2D top down space ship RPG with quests and such. The controls get a little getting used to as the orientations of playing a top down space flight game using the WASD is a little... confusing(you'll see when I do my first play video for this). But it's really cool to be able to level up and get better ships that are more powerful. Promising so far.



From Dust
I was looking forward to this quite a bit. I guess everyone knows by now that the game is quite a mess. The PC version launched with the Ubisoft DRM that requires always online connections... one that they said wasn't going to be in the game...JUST WEEKS BEFORE RELEASE OF THE GAME! Plus it doesn't help that the Ubi launcher thingie checks for patches everytime I start the game to my utter annoyance. Come on! I just want to play the damn game. Also I didn't have a main menu and couldn't even play the game for the whole day I had the game installed. A patch today cleared this up and have been able to play it. So far pretty good... but... what can I say. It's quite a bad port of a console game. They didn't make one of the genre of games that could have been done amazingly well on the PC... even decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment