Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Brink Review Drama - Is The Game Being Given A Fair Shake?


UPDATE: VE3D has edited the posting on Joystiq reviewer. It was a low blow to be frank. I hope this video game journalism drama ends with this. The Joystiq review now has a note at the bottom explaining things. He played the game for 12 hours.

As I was going through my daily PC gaming news, I came across this piece on VE3D. It’s a summary of Brink reviews scores but VE3D decided to question the legitimacy of Joystiq’s review. The author posits that the reviewer from Joystiq wrote the review only having played the game. He also added that in his opinion a lot of reviewers reviewed the game in a rush not having played it long enough. “I question the amount of time that some editors put in with the game, especially those that declare that bum rushing the enemy is always win tactic, or that defense always has the upper hand”. The post also went to to add that the Joystiq reviewer didn’t play much of the game offering XBOXlive screenshots of his profile. I don’t know what you think about this(or how you come to this conclusion using XBOX achievements) but I’m not a big fan of rushing reviews. Granted I haven’t played Brink so I cant tell you my opinion of the game but for crying out loud delay the review if you haven’t had enough play time. And it isn’t necessary to post a review on release day(I know it’s for the hits)… really guys. It’s okay. Anyway, I’ll be following the drama.

PS: All the reviews are off the XBOX360 copy. Review copies for the PC version are not out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment