Monday, September 26, 2011

This Week's Gaming - Bastion


Actually I've had bastion the previous week. It's just that I was very busy the last week. I'm quite impressed by what I've played of the game.



Bastion
Super Giant Games debut title is a hit. I was a little skeptical in the beginning, but once I got my hands on it, I knew this was a gem of an indie game. Great atmosphere, and combat mechanic that's simple but satisfying. My only concern is with the keyboards and mouse controls. It's okay so far. I might be getting a gamepad the coming weekend so I'll compare both control schemes for the PC.



Sengoku
War is hard. While you don't pay money to recruit levies, they cost quite a bit of maintenance for a small clan like the Shimazu. Making wars a tricky proposition. Still too early to see the character dynamics in play. I've set a plot to attack a neighbouring clan. Couldn't find a plot backer so far. I think the issue with plotting against smaller clans is that there are less characters to sway to your side. Will play more of this.




Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Gameplay is a lot of fun but I'm not completely convinced the story. It's typical conspiracy theory 'oh you don't know how high up this goes stuff'. But I'll see if the story manages to get a lot more interesting. The game's still a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment