Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Civilization V Game Diary 2 - Hi Montezuma!


Around turn 10, I met Elizabeth. Can’t really do any diplomacy at this early stage. Lo and behold, shortly after that I met…wait for it….Montezuma! Great. Now I’ll have to really watch my borders closely and having a strong army becomes a priority. Of all the leaders, why Montezuma?



For my first social policy, I chose to go with the Honor tree as I felt barbarians were a thorn and of course Monty was bound to be trouble sometime in the near future. If I get attacked before I get iron and Legions, at least the Honor tree will give me a small edge.



Settling Rome in the coast is certainly paying off as my civilization is the most well fed nation. Using the population I have in Rome, I’ll have to improve the hexes adjacent my city to get the most resources out of them. I just hope Iron pops up when I’ve researched iron working.

Found the English and Aztec settlements. They are up north, beside each other. Luckily for me. I think Montezuma will be more preoccupied with Elizabeth first before trying to annoy me. At turn 42, I built my second settler. The game recommends me to build a city in this area way north of Rome.



I decided to settle at the recommended spot as it has gold, wheat fields, a river running across it and it has hills. Hopefully this will increase my chance of finding iron here. And right at the moment of settling this area, the English send in a settler of their own and found Nottingham. Damn you Elizabeth! Well, not on my spot, but really close by.

The cool thing about Civ 5 is that you can buy land now. To avoid English lands from surrounding my city, I purchase two tiles adjacent to Nottingham. I’m set for now. Next time, I’ll see if Montezuma lives up to his notoriety and jumps the gun by declaring war.

Will anyone sneak a city between mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment