Monday, September 12, 2011

This Week's Gaming - Now Things Get Busy


After two weeks of nothing new, there's now some action. New games! I finally was able to get my hands on my copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution after most of the people I knew finished playing it... sigh...but regardless of that, it was worth it. Really early in the game.




Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Started off the game and blown away by the music. This game has amazing music! And the whole back story on Adam Jensen isn't really super powerful stuff, but the best writers would often tell you that some of the most powerful narratives come from the bud of a single simple thread of narrative. Not always a complex piece in the beginning, which is okay as the plot you'll uncover...we'll I really don't know about this plot so I can't comment about it just yet. But conspiracy nuts will love this game. Controls take a bit of getting used to though especially the way you take cover by holding on the right mouse button. Loving it so far




Rock of Ages
Bought it over Friday and boy what an amazing game(I'm using the term amazing too much in this post, I shall name THIS AMAZING WEEK!!!). It's got this really funny slap stick take on what is a mix of tower defence + super monkey ball - the rotating world(you control the rock). So far I've escaped from Hades and squashed Agamemnon. Did I mention it's freakin' hilarious and eccentric in every way. Seriously more people should be playing this.



Sengoku
I got a review copy of Sengoku which releases I think on 13th September. There's a demo that you can try out. Seems like a solid entry from Paradox. Now with a proper copy, I can check out how the game balances out and whether it is...ultimately...fun. Might do another video for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment