Sunday, July 10, 2011

This Week's Gaming - Steam Sales Casualties


As I said last week, July is a pretty dead month, but I'm done with my Alice: Madness Returns review and I'm thinking about doing a couple of videos of the games I'm playing. As a sort of early look, before I review them for reals. Would a be a lot better if you got an early sneak peak at the game rather than waiting for the review to be done with. Yes... I like this idea a lot. This week, I'm playing the games I bought in the Steam summer camp deals and Hearts of Iron III For The Motherland. By the way, what did you buy with these summer sales?





Atom Zombie Smasher
I knew this one was good, but BOY IS IT GOOD! It's pretty addictive and lots of fun. A round lasts not more than a minute and it's got that play a little bit and come back to it later quality to it. Personally, I think this is the best game Blendo Games has made. Watch out for my early impression video soon.



Fate of The World
This one's an interesting game. A game about a real world problem and has an actual aim of educating gamers on the threat of global warming. It's not just some educational game though. It has an almost card/board game like feel to it and is quite challenging. Hey, no one said managing a planet would be easy. Looking forward to trying this one out.




Hearts of Iron III For The Motherland
Will be ramping up my Soviet Union game. Perhaps starting the game in 1936 wasn't such a good idea. It's a slow start. As Soviet Union, managing my industrial capacity is an incredible challenge. With a huge army and a large territory, I always need more IC's for supplies and upgrades than I can afford. Plus, the plebs are demanding so much consumer goods. Those spoil brats! Noticed my front with Persia and  the Ottoman Empire as rather lax in defence. Might shore it up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment