Sunday, July 17, 2011

This Week’s Gaming - Going Rogue


This week, I dive in a new rogue like indie game released on Steam. Titled Dungeons of Dredmor, it’s got a cool pixel art style to it, and it’s hard! Also treats for Paradox fans…







Dungeons of Dredmor
This is a bit of a sleeper hit on the cards. Bought it yesterday and it’s got its hooks on me. Mind you, I’m the guy who played Derek Yu’s Spelunky countless times. Like other rogue like games, perma death, a tonne of content to discovery and procedurally generated levels mean this is one game I’ll be playing many…many times. I’d do a video if I can figure how to record it. FRAPS doesn’t seem to want to record this game… sadly.






Hearts of Iron III: For The Motherland
So I fast forwarded peace time Soviet Union and found myself in a bit of a bind. You see… I wasn’t keeping an eye on dissent and got my industrial capacity crippled since everyone was so angry. For a year or two, production halted and even supplies ran dry… which could have spelt disaster. I got a trade agreement with Poland for supplies to ease the crisis a little and finally things settled down as I pour whatever IC I had on consumer goods(so that those damn citizens would pipe down). Will do a first play video on this soon. Started war with Estonia. Germany tries to close the Danzig pocket. The world is on the edge of war!






Sengoku
Okay so this is a surprise. I got a preview build courtesy of Paradox of this Japanese character driven game. It’s still not done but all the features are in. I’ll do a video if Paradox permits me to do so and give you guys a little sneak peek of the game before I write a preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment