Friday, June 3, 2011

XCOM Coming March 6th 2012 - New Trailer Released


It’s that time of the year I suppose. The time when games that you’ve not heard any news from reappear. Yesterday it was the news of Aliens: Colonial Marines releasing next year. Now, 2K’s XCOM has been given a release date; March 12th 2012. That’s a very long time since they showed a demo at E3 2010. My guess is that they’ve taken the feedback from the demo they gave to rethink the design of the game. XCOM is a first person shooter with some of the X-COM like researching alien stuff. It cause a bit of an uproar with the fan base when they unveil that the new XCOM was not going to be a revival of their favourite turn based strategy game. I shed a tear, and I moved on. Still, I’m curios to see how they approach it with this one. We’ll probably hear more about XCOM at E3 next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment