Sunday, June 12, 2011

This Week’s Gaming - A Little Bit Of Pride of Nations


Hardcore strategy games are a pain to get to grips with. I’m still in it getting a hang of the game Pride of Nations. Its military system is super detailed. Haven’t understood economy that well yet.






Pride of Nations
What’s there to say about this game? I thought I would understand this game after all the tutorials, but it was completely inadequate. So instead I’m playing the read the Pride of Nations manual instead for now. The economy part is something I need to get used to.




Age of Fear
Need to play more of this as I have to work on a review for it. So far I’ve found it to be okay. Nothing spectacular. It’s got promise as a deep tactical game but the situation I’ve been in always has had me moving my footmen in a line with my archers behind.




Total War: Shogun 2
Haven’t played Shogun 2 for quite some time but with the new update, I thought it might be time to go back to my Shimazu campaign(and perhaps actually start on a review for it).




SHIFT 2: Unleashed
This surprised even myself, but I’ve been playing this more recently. I found this as my perfect break game. Just jump in, play a race or two and quit out. Now that I’ve got a bit more cash and bought my favourite Lamborghini Murcielago, I’m beginning to win racing a lot more. Will be jumping into this from time to time. Playing it on the keyboard = carpal tunnel syndrome. Lots of painful moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment