Monday, June 20, 2011

This Week’s Gaming - Alice & Her Madness Returns


There’s a huge backlog to cover this week. Need to get reviews done and get cracking with the write ups. Also getting reacquainted to Alice. I’m going to have to divide my time quite a bit this week. My only worry is with the mega epic Pride of Nations grand strategy game. Will I ever get a hang of it?



Alice Madness Returns
I got a copy for review and have played about 2 hours of it. So far, it’s very pretty for an Unreal Engine 3 game. Gameplay seems okay with the combat feeling good. The combat is timing based like in many other third person games where you need to counter and hit enemies when they are vulnerable.



Pride of Nations
Played a little of this last week, but need to ramp it up this week if I ever want to do a review of this game. The Indian subcontinent scenario I’m playing is entirely on military maneuvers. As you can see, I’m not doing so well. I’m afraid the Mughal(the chits in green) rebellion will be quelled in a couple of turns time.



Total War: Shogun 2
Okay so this one’s been sitting in the back burner for quite a while. I’ve just started writing the review for it(about a paragraph of it). Not going to promise any ETA for the review, but it should be up by next week the earliest.



Age of Fear
I will have to get the review done for this by this week. Might have another few more playthroughs. While lacking in presentation polish, it has the frame work for a good tactical fantasy game.



Mount & Blade With Fire And Sword
Leo says he’ll be done with his review this week. We might do a podcast about it since I play it a tad bit differently(I’m more of a trader type). I’ll be jumping in a bit to refresh my memory of the game. Maybe try out trade caravans a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment