Wednesday, November 24, 2010

LOTRO Game Diary 7- Short Update on Short Hobbits


This will be a short update.The hobbit settlement of Michel Delving ended up being a temporary stop over. There aren’t any important quests here. The hobbits are a happy bunch of people and most of the quests in this area are trivial or relates to some domestic hobbit issue. Not sure why Turbine added this area other than to perhaps change the pace of things a bit. Things are really laid back here.






The Hobbits have what they call Bounders who act as police and help solve domestic issues the hobbits might have. I join the Bounders in hope of getting assign some really important quest. All I have for quests in this area are, find out what happened to some poor hobbit who ventured into the wilds. The design of the environment is pretty cool though as I see more variety in new types of area. Like this swampy area.



Also this romantic love story between Dora and Jolly. I kid you not, Jolly was courting Dora and has now disappeared. Dora wants me to investigate. Jolly goes of hunting a fearsome wolf all by his lonesome self for what? I have no idea. So I find Jolly and save him from the wolf and unite the two together and they lived happily ever after. I hope.



I had to be Mr. Postman for the hobbits, running around sending mail from village to village. One of the objective of this quest is to avoid the mail from getting wet and avoiding nosey hobbits. And I can’t fight back if attacked carrying this mail.



No sign of Frodo or any Baggins in this Hobbit settlement. I suppose The Shire is somewhere else. Off I go to meet this range called Strider. I enter the land of man, Bree land.



Met up with Strider. He says a shadow has spread across the lands ie code word for evil guys have started attacking innocents and it is our duty to save guard Middle Earth. More Quests! Next time, I’ll complete the quests Strider has set out for me and maybe join in a kinship(guilds in LOTRO)?

LOTRO Game Diary
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

2 comments:

  1. Aw you're making me all nostalgic. I quit almost exactly a year ago (wow time flies!) It might not be the most exciting place on Middle Earth but I only played hobbit characters, and now I'm pineing for the rolling green hills of Michel Delving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah which is contrary to what comes later on. Spoilers but I've now met with Tom Bombadil and the whole questline and the atmosphere of the Old Forest is spooky. And it's tough.

    I love the stuff in The Old Forest. I think Bree is kinda boring though.

    ReplyDelete