Thursday, June 7, 2012

E3 2012: Resident Evil 6 Gameplay Demo - Zombies Always Need Killin'


I missed this one which was shown during the Microsoft press conference. I'm sure this is a hugely anticipated title for most of you and going by this gameplay demo... disappointing. The sixth in the series and nothing stood out. The action was a bit more fluid with execution moves and all that, but the environment was bland and not engaging in anyway. This is only a small slice of the game so I'm not going to judge the whole game to be a turkey. The reason why Resident Evil 4 is still a classic is because it gave us something new... new environment, new mechanics which made sense. I hope this is just a poor demo and the game will be a lot better. Resident Evil 6 releases 2nd October of this year. Check out the gameplay demo below...



1 comment:

  1. The gameplay doesn't seem very exceptional, kinda clunky and ordinary like RE5 but I like the new action sequences with the throws and close combat. Didn't really like that they added a red cursor for the grenades though, makes it seem like those war games. I've watched other trailers and the plot elements seems good since it brings back familiar faces like Ada (but of course) and Ashley. My biggest disappointment is how much they've changed Leon. What happened to my baby-faced blonde boy? Thankfully, they've reused his old voice actor but why did they have to give him a weird 5 'o clock shadow?

    ReplyDelete