Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cliff Blezinski Parts Ways With Epic Games


The most recognisable figure from Epic Games, Cliff Blezinski has announced his departure from the game development studio. In the industry for 20 years developing classic like Jazz Jackrabbit, Unreal and Gears of War, Cliff was one of those figures you always saw a lot of in major game exhibition/conventions. He did not say what he'll be doing, but stated he needs a much needed break away from the gaming industry and wants to move on to his next stage in his career. "I’ve been doing this since I was a teenager, and outside of my sabbatical last year, I have been going non-stop. I literally grew up in this business, as Mike likes to say. And now that I’m grown up, it’s time for a much needed break." Cliff wrote in his personal note to colleagues. Love him or hate him... he had a hand in shaping the gaming industry and the trends we see in games. You will be missed Cliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment